The Low Hanging Fruit….Your Database and Marketing
We are looking so hard for prospects and business every day.
Your existing database is the best place to look!
But way too often our database is not in order or updated or organized by segment and therefore we can’t use it.
What does your database look like? If you are looking for the most cost effective and best marketing advice, spend the time or hire someone to get it ready for emailing.
You will then be ready to devise a plan to maximize your email marketing strategy by nurturing your database. Rather than just sending information to a list of contacts who have varying degrees of interest in your products or services, you can look at email marketing as a form of relationship management. The goal of your campaigns is to develop relationships with the people in your database and, over an unspecified period of time, connect and nurture them to a point of sale.
So, here are some tips and tricks for effectively uncovering business opportunities by nurturing your email database
1. Never underestimate the number of potential sales you could make from just nurturing a database of existing contacts. The simple fact is that the stronger your relationship with the people in your database, the more valuable they become to your business.
2. Keep the content varied by using:
- Customers testimonials, case studies and success stories
- Videos and podcasts that highlight your products and services
- Social media connection (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, etc)
- Product offers
- News and updates about your company and brand
If you are not staying in front of your clients, then you’re almost invisible. They are as busy as you!
Your email marketing database isn’t just a list, it’s a group of people who are very valuable to your business. The best way to tap into their value is to treat them well, get to know them, and be willing to lead them all the way down the path to a sale.